Beer Stewed Beef Mexicana Recipe
By the wlr team
This beef stew is a great meal to invite some friends round for. Serve with some rice or even some mash potato for a healthy meal that everyone can enjoy.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 55 mins
- Calories: 574
- 454g bacon steaks
- 25g multigrain bread
- ¼ garlic powder
- 250ml beer
- 250g fresh, chunky salsa dip
- 454g lean stewing beef
- 15g plain flour
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 500g sweet potato
- 160g courgette
- Cut the steak into 1" cubes. Peel and cut the sweet potato into 2" cubes.
- In a medium bowl combine the steak, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss until the beef is evenly coated. Let stand for 15 mins.
- Place in large nonstick soup pot over medium-high heat. When hot, add the oil then the beef.
- Cook until browned all over, about 1 min per side.
- Add the beer and pico de gallo or salsa and stir to submerge the beef.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the sweet potatoes, making sure they are submerged in the liquid, cover, and simmer for 45 mins longer.
- Gently stir in the courgette and simmer for 10 mins longer, or until the meat, potatoes, and vegetables are tender.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in an airtight plastic container for up to 3 days.
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!