Beef Stroganoff Recipe
A low calorie dinner recipe to really warm you up, our Beef Stroganoff packs a real favour punch! Put together with some fluffy white rice for a protein filled, melt in the mouth meal that you’ll want to make again and again. This low calorie beef stroganoff can also be made in a slow cooker for even less fuss with your midweek home cooked dinner.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 1 hr 30 mins
- Calories: 262
- 454g lean diced casserole beef
- 10g paprika
- 2 tsps ground nutmeg
- 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 med onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100g button mushrooms
- 5 Sprays 1 cal olive oil spray
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 stock cubes, made up with water
- 28g white flour
- 150g reduced fat soured cream
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Coat the beef with the paprika, nutmeg and Worcestershire sauce, cover and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours or over night if possible.
- Peel and roughly chop onions, finely chop the garlic and slice the mushrooms.
- Spray 5 sprays of 1 cal oil into a hot frying pan. Brown the meat quickly and remove from the pan and place into a casserole dish.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook until the onions are starting to soften. Add the mushrooms and cook for a couple more minutes then add all the contents of the pan to the casserole dish with the meat. Sprinkle over the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Make the stock using 1 pint of liquid, stir in the flour (dont worry about any lumps they will disperse during cooking).
- Pour the stock into your casserole dish to cover the ingredients, cover and cook for approximately one and a half hours.
- Stir in the sour cream 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
This dish can be cooked in a slow cooker for 6-7 hours.
|Fruit & Veg||1.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!