Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff Recipe
This low calorie stroganoff is high in protein and has 1 of your 5 a day. This recipe makes 4 servings so is the perfect dish to share with family or friends. Delicious served with rice
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 230
- 350g beef steak fillet
- 10g plain flour
- 15g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion
- 125g closed cup mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5ml lemon juice
- 300g low fat natural yoghurt
- 20g chopped parsley
- Cut beef fillet into 2.5cm strips and season the flour with salt & pepper.
- Puree the cherry tomatoes. Place the beef & flour in a large plastic bag & shake to coat.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the sunflower oil in a pan. Saute the chopped onion for 5 mins and then add the sliced mushrooms, cook for a further 5 mins. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir-fry the beef until brown. Stir in the pureed cherry tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce & lemon juice.
- Add the mushroom & onions back to the pan, cook gently for 5 mins. Stir in the yoghurt & allow to heat through. Season to taste.
Serve with rice.
|Fruit & Veg||1.0|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!