Beef Goulash Recipe
This tasty beef goulash recipe provides you with 2 of your 5 a day and is low in calories. A great meal for the whole family, if you want to lower the fat content, skip the yoghurt on top and enjoy!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 2 hrs 15 mins
- Calories: 358
- 90g onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g lean beef steak
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 32g tomato puree
- 1 red pepper
- 227g mushrooms
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 20g cornflour
- 227g white rice
- 25g low fat plain yoghurt
- Peel and chop the onion, peel and crush the garlic.
- Heat oil in large heavy based frying pan and cook garlic & onion for 3 minutes.
- Add beef and cook on high heat for a further 3 minutes until browned, add paprika and stir.
- Add tomatoes, tomato puree, pepper and mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the beef stock, bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 1½ to 2 hours.
- Blend the cornflour with 1 tbsp water, add to the pan stirring continuously until the goulash is thickened and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer goulash to a warmed dish and serve with rice and fat free plain yogurt.
This recipe is great for freezing so make double and freeze individual portions. Place frozen meals in the fridge overnight and reheat for a quick and easy meal.
|Fruit & Veg||2.9|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!