Beef Bourguignon Recipe
A classic beef bourguignon but low in calories, who knew? This recipe makes 4 servings so treat the family this weekend to a classic French dinner. Serve with some of your favourite bread.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 2 hrs
- Calories: 203
- 180g onion
- 227g mushrooms
- 227g lean sirloin steak
- 5ml olive oil
- 20g white self raising flour
- 2g dried marjoram
- 0g dried thyme
- 15g beef stock cube
- 125ml red wine
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion, wipe and slice the mushrooms. Cut the steak into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes.
- Cook onions in olive oil until translucent, and put to one side.
- In a large frying pan brown the cubes of meat for about 10 - 12 minutes, then add the flour, stirring to prevent sticking and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle on marjoram, thyme, and pepper and stir well.
- Add beef stock and wine to cover meat, cover pan, simmer on low heat for about 1½ hours, checking regularly and add more wine and stock if necessary to keep meat covered.
- Add mushrooms and onion to meat and cook for a further 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding small amounts of liquid if too thick, although the gravy should be thick like a sauce.
|Fruit & Veg||1.3|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!