Beef and Mushroom Skewers Recipe
By the wlr team
These beef skewers are delicious served up with some boiled rice or a simple salad. A great low calorie meal that’s fun to eat and suitable for the whole family.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 152
- 350g thin beef steak
- 125g red pepper
- 125g chestnut mushrooms
- 30g creamed horseradish sauce
- 50ml dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Cut the steaks into thin strips and the red pepper into chunks.
- Thread the beef strips, concertina style on to eight large skewers, placing a chunk of red pepper and or a mushroom between each strip.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and add a little boiling water to form a coating consistency. Preheat the grill to high.
- Place the skewers on a grill tray and brush lightly with the sauce.
- Cook under the hot grill for 5-8 minutes, basting occasionally with the sauce.
Serve straight from the grill with boiled basmati rice (50g/2oz uncooked weight per person) and a tossed salad. For an extra peppery flavour, sprinkle the beef with crushed mixed peppercorns before cooking.
|Fruit & Veg||0.8|
More Calorie Counted Recipes for Beef
You'll find hundreds more beef and beef mince recipes to tempt you in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own beefy favourites, give it a try!