Zesty Herbed Cod with Mange Tout
By the wlr team
This super-quick fresh fish dish is colourful, zingy and ready for your plate in under 20 minutes - simple ingredients cooked with love for a light and tasty meal.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 346
- 300g new potatoes, sliced
- 300g cod fillets, with skin
- 15ml olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 courgette
- ½ red chili pepper
- 200g mange tout
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the potato slices to par-boil for 5 mins. Drain the potatoes.
- Brush the cod skin with 1 tsp olive oil, and season the cod fillets either side with salt and pepper. Lay on some baking parchment in a roasting tray and squeeze over the juice of half a lemon.
- Put the cod into the oven for 10-12 minutes (until the cod is cooked through and the skin is crispy).
- While the cod is cooking heat the remaining oil in a large heavy bottomed pan or wok on a medium/high heat. Add the courgette, potatoes and chilli and stir fry until browning at the edges, being careful not to break up the potatoes (about 5 mins). Add the mange tout, season with some salt and black pepper and stir fry for another 2 mins. When cooked, add the juice of the other lemon half and the lemon zest. Mix well.
- Serve the cod on the zingy vegetable mix, sprinkled with the fresh chives and thyme.
|Fruit & Veg||3.3|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!