Tomato & Mozzarella Penne Bake
By the wlr team
This cheesy, creamy, rich tomato pasta bake uses simple, tried and tested flavours, served up any night of the week or for a dinner party and this is a winner.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 432
- 150g penne
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 250g passata
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche, half fat
- ½ mozzarella ball, reduced fat
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- black pepper
- Put a pan of salted water on to boil for the penne. Turn the oven on to 220°C/200°C Fan.
- Peel and finely dice the onion. peel and crush the garlic. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Cook the penne as per pack instructions, taking 2 minutes off the cooking time.
- Put a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat on the hob with the oil. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened (about 5 mins). Add the passata and cherry tomatoes, continue to cook for 5 mins, then stir in the crème fraiche. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the sauce, stirring to combine. Tip into an oven proof dish or tray. Shred the mozzarella over the top and sprinkle on the basil leaves. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is golden on top.
|Fruit & Veg||2.8|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!