Teriyaki Salmon with Courgette
By the wlr team
Mix up your weeknight stir fry with this tasty treat, fried/grilled salmon topped with teriyaki sauce, served with rice and sautéd courgette.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 465
- 2 salmon fillets, skinless
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 40g teriyaki sauce
- 250g courgette
- 1 pouch microwave basmati rice (250g)
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- Put a non-stick frying pan or skillet onto a medium heat. Turn the grill on to medium.
- Lightly brush each salmon fillet with the oil on both sides. Lay flat side down and lightly brush the top of each fillet with 1 tsp teriyaki sauce. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Slice the courgette to 1cm rounds, then quarter.
- Place the fish fillets flat side down into the pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes until cooked over half way up the fillets (you'll see this by the fish changing colour to a lighter pink).
- Transfer the fillets to a baking tray, top with remaining teriyaki sauce and place under the grill to finish cooking (about 3 minutes).
- In the same pan used for the fish, add the courgette and sauté until just starting to brown in places. Meanwhile cook the rice as per the pack instructions.
- Split the rice and courgette between two plates and serve with the salmon fillets, sprinkled with the sesame seeds.
TIP: You can substitute the courgette for fine green beans or asparagus.
|Fruit & Veg||1.7|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!