Super Quick Spring Pea Soup
By the wlr team
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 307
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 potato
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 500g peas
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 700ml water
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 30g créme fraiche, reduced fat
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- black pepper
- Peel and finely dice the onion, peel and crush the garlic, peel and dice the potato.
- In a large heavy bottomed pan heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened. Add the potatoes, peas, and thyme. Stir and continue to sauté for 5 mins.
- Make the stock up to 700ml with boiling water and pour into the pan. Stir and simmer for 15 mins, until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice, créme fraiche, and season with salt and pepper. Blend with a stick blender until smooth. Return to the hob and simmer until piping hot again.
- Lightly toast the bread. Serve the soup immediately, sprinkled with a pinch of chilli flakes, with the giant croutons.
To make this recipe suitable for vegans simple leave out the créme fraiche, or substitute for the same amount of non-dairy natural yoghurt alternative.
|Fruit & Veg||2.4|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!