Prawn & Spring Pea Risotto
By the wlr team
Don't be fooled into thinking all risotto is a pain to make. We've created this foolproof recipe that is just as delicious as it is easy to make.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 35 mins
- Calories: 485
- 1 onion
- ½ chilli pepper
- 1 fish stock cube
- 700ml water
- 10g butter
- 150g risotto rice
- 63ml white wine
- 100g peas, frozen
- 200g king prawns, peeled
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- ½ lemon, juiced
- smoked paprika
- black pepper
- Peel and finely dice the onion. De-seed and finely chop the chilli. Make the fish stock up to 700ml with boiling water.
- In a large heavy bottomed pan melt the butter on a medium heat and add the onion and chilli. Sauté until softened (about 5 mins).
- Add the rice to the onions and stir until the rice is fully coated with butter, continue to cook while stirring until the edges of the rice grains have started to go transparent.
- Pour in the wine and simmer slowly until the wine has absorbed into the rice. Add the stock, a ladleful at a time until each has absorbed into the rice (this should take around 25 minutes).
- Add the peas, prawns and oil, season with salt and pepper and squeeze in the lemon juice. Continue to cook for a further 5 mins, while stirring.
- Once the rice is cooked to your liking, allow to stand for a minute or two before serving. Serve sprinkled with a pinch of smoked paprika.
|Fruit & Veg||1.4|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!