Pear, Chicken & Blue Cheese Salad
By the wlr team
This salad is a little bit of luxury. With salty savoury flavours from the cheese, a bit of heat from the mustard, and a hint of sweetness from the pear it really is more-ish.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 432
- 1 chicken breast, skinless & boneless
- 10g walnut halves
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ pear, sliced
- 80g salad leaves
- 10g cranberries, dried
- 20g blue cheese
- black pepper
- Put a non-stick frying pan on to a medium heat. On a chopping board cover the chicken breast with cling film and use a rolling pin to bash out to around 2cm thick. In a bowl use the end of the rolling pin to crush the walnut halves a little.
- Add the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, 1 tsp olive oil and honey into a bowl and mix together, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Brush the chicken breast lightly with the remaining olive oil, then season both sides with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with paprika.
- Fry the chicken until browned on both sides and cooked through. Remove from the pan. Add the walnuts to the pan with the chicken juices to toast lightly for about a minute, set aside.
- Slice the chicken breast. In a large bowl add the pear slices, salad leaves, chicken slices, toasted walnuts and cranberries. Drizzle with honey mustard vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a plate and crumble the blue cheese over the top. Serve immediately.
|Fruit & Veg||2.3|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!