Parmesan & Herb Crusted Spring Lamb Cutlets
By the wlr team
Make your own crusted lamb cutlets, homemade celeriac mash and serve with fine green beans. You'll be surprised at how easy this is to make at home!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 450
- 500g lamb rack
- 700g celeriac
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50g panko breadcrumbs
- 20g parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp rosemary, fresh
- 1 tbsp parsley/fresh
- 10ml olive oil, extra virgin
- 150g green beans
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan. Put 2 pans of salted water on the boil (one medium, one small).
- Preferably you want the lamb cutlets your using to remain as a 'rack'.
- Peel and dice the celeriac into small chunks, peel and crush the garlic. Trim as much visible fat from the lamb cutlets as possible. In a dish combine the breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, rosemary, parsley and garlic with generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add the celeriac to the larger pan of boiling water.
- Lightly brush the cutlets all over with 1 tsp oil. Using a non-stick pan or skillet on a medium heat, lightly brown the meat all over, starting with the fattiest side to render any remaining fat into the pan.
- Stand the cutlets in a baking tray. Add the remaining oil to the breadcrumb mixture and mix to coat. Using your hands spread the breadcrumb mixture over the exposed 'back' of the lamb cutlets and press to create a crust.
- Put the lamb in the oven - it will need to cook for 12-15 minutes for pink, 15-17 minutes for medium, and about 20 minutes for well done.
- Add the beans to the smaller pan of boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes until tender but still with a bit of bite.
- When the celeriac has been cooking for about 15 minutes drain, season with salt and pepper and mash.
- Serve the mash with the lamb cutlets and the beans.
|Fruit & Veg||5.1|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!
You'll find 30 delish dinners, 30 lush lunches and 30 scrummy breakfasts in this colourful book ... quick-and-easy recipes for calorie counted meals that prove you don't need to feel deprived when you're dieting. Only £7.99 in the wlr shop