Honey Sesame Chicken with Egg Fried Rice
By the wlr team
Who needs calorie laden takeaway when you can make your own low-cal version in less time than it takes for delivery!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 477
- 100g brown rice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, light
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 egg
- 50g peas
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- black pepper
- Put a pan of water on to boil for the rice. In a bowl mix together the honey and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper and add to the bowl. Coat the chicken with the marinade.
- Rinse the rice through with cold water, then cook as per pack instructions.
- Put a wok or large frying pan on a med/high heat with 1 tsp sesame oil. When the oil starts to smoke add the chicken (with the marinade) and stir-fry quickly until cooked through.
- Add the sliced spring onion to the chicken with 2 tbsp soy sauce and continue to stir fry for another minute or so. Scrape the chicken with all the sauce onto a plate or bowl. Drain the rice and let stand for a couple of minutes to allow steam to evaporate.
- Put the wok back onto a medium heat with 1 tsp sesame oil. Add the rice to the wok and stir quickly to coat with the oil. Make a well in the centre and pour in the egg. As the egg starts to cook stir fry with the rice. Add the peas to the rice and stir.
- Serve immediately, sprinkling the sticky chicken with sesame seeds.
|Fruit & Veg||0.5|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!