Crispy Chicken Tenders with Pomodoro Sauce
By the wlr team
Skip the takeaway fried chicken and make your own crispy chicken tenders for a much lower calorie, but just as tasty treat.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 436
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 50g panko breadcrumbs
- 50g oats
- 2 chicken breast, skinless & boneless
- 20 sprays sunflower oil
- 150g mixed salad
- 10ml low fat dressing
- 100g passata di pomodoro
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160° Fan.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Season the flour with salt and pepper and put on a small plate next to the eggs. Combine the breadcrumbs and oats on another small plate next to the others.
- Slice the chicken breasts into pieces about 4cm long. Pat dry with some kitchen towel, lay each piece in the flour to lightly coat, then dip into the egg, then immediately into the breadcrumb mix to coat and place on a non-stick baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange the salad on 2 plates and dress with your favourite low fat dressing (balsamic works well with this).
- Just before serving, lightly heat through the pomodoro passata.
- Serve the chicken with the pomodoro sauce and the salad.
TIP: You can add flavourings to the crumb coating - try 1 tbsp of grated parmesan, or chilli flakes if you like a bit of a kick. This also works well with fish.
|Fruit & Veg||1.5|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!