Chicken, Feta & Beetroot Salad
By the wlr team
A high protein salad that's packed full of irresistible flavours. Make this salad ahead of time to make lunchtime even easier.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 346
- 100g chicken breast, roasted
- 84g beetroot, boiled
- 1 small mandarin
- 90g curly kale
- 30g feta cheese, reduced fat
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- black pepper
- You can either buy a pre-roasted chicken breast for this dish, or use any leftover roast chicken you have.
- Shred or chop the chicken into bitesize chunks, dice the beetroot. Peel the mandarin (you can use a clementine instead if you'd like), using a small sharp knife slice into each segment at the edges to the centre to release the 'peeled' segments.
- Pull the leaves from the stems of the kale and arrange on a plate. Top with the chicken, beetroot, mandarin segments and crumble the feta over the top.
- To make the dressing combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice and wholegrain mustard with a pinch each of salt and black pepper. Mix well and drizzle over the salad.
- Sprinkle on the pumpkin seeds and serve.
|Fruit & Veg||2.9|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!