Crispy Golden Baked Egg Puffs
By the wlr team
Crack an egg into a sheet of puff pastry and bake until golden, crispy and more-ish. Feel free to batch cook these and have some prepared for the next day... and the next!
Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 18 mins
- Calories: 360
- 1 x puff pastry sheet, ready rolled (320g)
- 12 med eggs
- 1 tbsp semi-skimmed milk (or non-dairy alternative)
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C Fan, remove pastry from freezer.
- Once pastry has been out of the freezer for 5-10 minutes, lay flat and cut into 12 equal squares. Lay the squares into a non-stick muffin tin with the corners sticking out over the edge, making a well in the middle (be careful not to break the pastry).
- Break an egg into each square.
- Lightly brush the exposed corners of the pastry with a little milk, sprinkle on a small pinch each of salt and pepper over each egg and pop in the oven.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the yolk is your preferred consistency and the pastry is golden.
- Serve immediately, or keep in the fridge and re-heat in a pre-heated oven for 5-7 minutes.
2 puffs are 1 serving.
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!