Vegetable Stir Fry with Rice
By the wlr team
A simple veggie stir fry that goes towards your 5 a day as well as being super tasty.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 451
- 50g Basmati Rice, Brown
- ¼ Red Onion
- ½ Yellow Pepper
- 30g Common Mushrooms
- 40g Mange Tout
- 40g Broccoli
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 25g Edamame Beans
- 60g Hoisin Stir Fry Sauce
- Put a saucepan of water over a high heat, place a large wok or frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Put the rice in boiling water and reduce to a simmer, cook for 15-20 minutes, until al dente.
- Prepare all the veggies. Peel and slice the onion, prepare the yellow pepper, slice the mushrooms, and mange tout. Break the broccoli into small florets.
- Put the olive oil into the wok and add the red onion and broccoli. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes until onion is beginning to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and yellow pepper, stir fry for a further 3-4 minutes until mushrooms are starting to cook.
- Next add the edamame beans and mange tout, stir to mix and cook for another few minutes. Add a tbsp water to the pan if anything is starting to stick.
- Stir the sauce through the vegetable mix until everything is coated.
- Drain the rice and serve with hoisin vegetables.
|Fruit & Veg||2.9|
More Quick & Easy Calorie Counted Recipes
You can take your choice from hundreds more quick and easy recipes in WLR, plus you can use the tools to easily calculate the calories in your own favourite recipes, give it a try!