Scrambled Egg and Salsa Pitta Pockets
By the wlr team
The egg and milk mixture seems very milky at first, but much of the liquid evapourates during cooking leaving a very moist scrambled egg - just perfect with the toasted pitta.
- Recipe makes: 1 serving
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Calories: 279
- 1 wholemeal pitta
- 10g hot salsa
- 1 large egg
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 5 sprays olive oil spray
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Toast the pitta and slice to open.
- Spoon the salsa into the pocket and spread evenly over one side.
- Beat the egg with the milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat, spray with olive oil spray, and add the egg mixture.
- Use a fork to mix the egg and separate it as it cooks. As it starts to set add the spring onions.
- Once cooked drain off any excess liquid in a fine meshed strainer
- Spoon into the pocket and serve.
The egg and milk mixture seems very milky at first, but much of the liquid evaporates during cooking leaving a very moist scrambled egg - just perfect with the toasted pitta.
|Fruit & Veg||0.2|
You can calorie count your own recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Try it free for 24 hours.