Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffin
By the wlr team
These bacon and egg muffins make a great weekend breakfast. Using lean bacon, wholemeal muffins and low fat cheese slices they are lower in fat and higher in fibre and than a McMuffin - yet still hit with the kids!
- Recipe makes: 1 muffin
- Calories: 330
- 1 wholemeal muffin
- 5 sprays olive oil spray
- 2 rashers lean back bacon
- 1 low fat cheese slice
- 1 large egg
- Toast the muffin, and place the cheese slice on the bottom half.
- Heat 2 frying pans.
- Spray the first pan with 2 sprays Fry Light, add the bacon and fry over a medium/high heat for 2 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray the second pan with 2 sprays Fry Light, crack the egg and fry over a medium heat until starting to set. Lift the egg with a spatula, spray the pan again, flip the egg and fry until the yolk is set.
- Layer bacon on top of cheese slice, egg on top of bacon and top with the muffin.
- Serve immediately.
Variation: Swap the bacon for a low fat sausage and make an egg and sausage muffin instead (1 Tesco Healthy Living sausage provides virtually the same calories and fat as the 2 rashers of bacon above)
|Fruit & Veg||0.0|
You can calorie count your own recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Try it free for 24 hours.