A member of the rose family, peaches are available almost all year. Fresh, canned or frozen, peaches are nutritious; packed with vitamins A and C. Sodium free, they also act as a gentle laxative and contain iron and potassium. Eating peaches every day can also be a great way to keep your skin looking fresh and bright.
The fruit insides are either yellow or white. White insides have a sugary flavour whilst the yellow insides are more acidic and generally are more flavoursome.
- Cut slices to top your breakfast cereal;
- Enjoy as a light, healthy snack;
- Add to yoghurts and cottage cheese;
- Throw into a fruit salad;
- Blend peaches to make a delicious smoothie.
You can use the food diary and database tools in WLR to make sure your diet is healthy, balanced and contains the right amount of fat and calories. Try it free for 24 hours.