Checklist for Success
February 27, 2015
We’re almost at the end of winter… if the Met Office is to be believed anyway… The “Winter months” of December, January and February are almost done with; the High Street is selling off cardigans and jumpers in the sales; the window are full of light fabrics and bright colours to herald the change of the season and to remind us that another phase of the year is about begin.
I thought it was also a great time to do a mental “spring clean” when it came to life in general and my weight loss journey in particular.
I’m a great believer in lists and came up with the following “checklist” to help me stay focussed, stay on track, and to remind me that this may be “my journey” but I am not travelling alone and as well as travelling companions, the people I meet along the way can also provide support, inspiration and a swift kick-up-the-rear if ever needed.
I’d like to share it with you and I hope you find something in it that you can take with you as you make your own way through your own journey.
1. YOU CAN DO THIS
2. Be kind to yourself
3. Plan, prepare and prioritise
4. YOU CAN DO THIS
5. Don’t let the in-tray of life overwhelm you
6. Take “life tea breaks”
7. YOU CAN DO THIS
8. Don’t think of this as a point in time... it is a change for life
9. Ask for help and support when you need it
10. YOU CAN DO THIS
11. If you have a wobble… analyse it, learn from it and then park it.
12. Remember… life without ever having a treat isn’t what this is about
13. YOU CAN DO THIS
14. Reward yourself when you are proud of an achievement
15. Rewards don’t have to be food/drink based
16. YOU CAN DO THIS
17. Exercise is your friend and a lethal weapon when it comes to destroying excess pounds
18. Try lots of different exercises and find one you love
19. YOU CAN DO THIS
20. Make yourself the top of your list
21. Remember there will always be rocks in the road… It’s all part of the journey
22. YOU CAN DO THIS
23. Be your own best cheerleader
24. Be your own sternest critic
25. YOU CAN DO THIS
Have a fantastic weekend – and (just in case you haven’t realized)… You Can Do This!
With a Hug