Dinner Party Menu 2
Sweet Pear and Stilton Melt
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||5 minutes|
|Calories per Serving||226.1|
- 4 Lge/836g Pears, Raw, Weighed with Core, Average
- 30 ml Juice, Orange, Pure, Smooth, Average
- 70 g Cheese, Stilton, Blue, Average
- 20 g Cranberries, Dried, Sweetened, Average
- 15 g Hazelnuts, Chopped, Average
- 1 Tbsp/6g Oranges, Peel, Raw
- 1 Tbsp/15ml Oil, Olive, Extra Virgin, Average
- ½ Tsp/2½g Salt, Table, Average
- ½ Tsp/1g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- 50 g Salad, Mixed
- Preheat the grill just before serving and line the grill rack with tin foil.
- Grate orange peel and put to one side.
- Cut the pears in half lengthwise and using a teaspoon remove and discard the core. Brush with a little of the orange juice.
- Place the stilton in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until creamy. Stir in the cranberries, hazelnuts and orange rind with sufficient orange juice to moisten.
- Fill the pear hollows with mixture and place on the grill rack.
- Blend the oil with the remaining orange juice, add salt and pepper to taste and toss the salad leaves in this mixture before arranging on 4 individual serving plates.
- Grill the pears under the preheated grill on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese just begins to melt.
- Place on the salad leaves and serve.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||2 hours|
|Calories per Serving||196.2|
With 100g cooked Basmati Rice (per person) - 134 calories
And 80g Lightly Steamed Broccoli (per person) - 19 calories
Total per serving: 350 calories
- 8oz/227g Beef, Steak, Sirloin, Raw, Lean & Fat
- 180 g Onions, Raw, Average
- 227 g Mushrooms, Common, Raw, Average
- 1 Sm Glass/120ml Wine, Red, Average
- 2 g Marjoram, Dried
- 0 g Thyme, Dried, Ground
- 15 g Stock Cubes, Beef
- 5 ml Oil, Olive, Average
- 20 g Flour, White, Self Raising, Average
- Cook onions in olive oil until translucent, and put to one side.
- In a large frying pan brown cubes of meat for about 10-12 minutes, sprinkle on marjoram, thyme, pepper & flour, stir well.
- Add beef stock & wine to cover meat, cover pan, simmer on low heat for about 1½ hours, add more wine and broth if necessary to keep meat covered.
- Add mushrooms & onion to meat and cook for a further 20 minutes, stirring occasionly add small amounts of liquid if too thick, although the gravy should be thick more like a sauce.
|Preparation Time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
|Calories per Serving||181.6|
With Raspberry Coulis - 30 calories
And Fresh Mint Sprigs - 0 calories!
Total per serving: 211 calories
- 75 g Sugar, Caster, Average
- 4 Med Egg/200g Eggs, Medium, Average
- 300 ml Milk, Skimmed, Average
- 50g Flour, White, Self Raising, Average
- 4 Tbsp/21.6g Cocoa Powder, Dry, Unsweetened, Average
- 50 g Butter, Reduced Fat, Fresh, Average
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/ Gas Mark 4 and lightly oil 6 x 175ml/6floz ovenproof dishes.
- Place the butter and sugar into a large bowl, cream together using an electric whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the bowl. Beat again until smooth, add in the milk, cocoa and flour and blend using the electric whisk until smooth and quite runny.
- Wash the whisk heads, then whisk the egg whites together in a separate bowl until they form soft peaks. Gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide between the dishes. Bake for 12 mins or until risen.
- Serve immediately.
For the coulis simply blend 100g of fresh raspberries with 2g of icing sugar per person.
Serve the chocolate pudding on a white plate, dust lightly with icing sugar, drizzle the coulis around the edge of the pudding and finish by placing a sprig of fresh mint on top.
Total calories for the evening: 787.
Use the WLR Recipe Database to create your own delicious dinner party menu to beat the credit crunch. Try it free for 24 hours.