By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
Prep time 10 mins | serves 4 | 205 calories per serving
- 1½ Tbsp/22½ml Oil, Olive, Average
- 200 g Onions, Raw, Average
- 2 Clove/6g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 500g Potatoes, King Edward, Tesco*
- 300 g Watercress, Raw, Average
- 1000ml Stock, Vegetable, Simply Stock, Knorr*
- ½ Tsp/1½g Nutmeg, Ground, Average
- ¼Tsp Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp Pepper, Black, Ground, Average
- 3 Tbsp/30g Creme Fraiche, GFY, Asda*
- Peel and crush the garlic, peel and finely chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and saute for around 5 minutes until the onion softens. Stir occasionally.
- Wash and dice the potatoes and add to the pan.
Stir well, cover and sauté for 10 minutes. Stir regularly to make sure the mixture doesn't burn.
- Roughly chop the watercress and add to the pan along with the stock and a little grated nutmeg.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Liquidise the soup in a blender, season to taste, add the creme fraiche and serve.