By the wlr team
A little different from your average soup selection, this watercress recipe is packed full of flavour and almost 3 of your 5 a day!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 205
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 200g onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500g King Edward potatoes
- 300g watercress
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 30g half fat creme fraiche
- Peel and crush the garlic, peel and finely chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and sauté for around 5 minutes until the onion softens. Stir occasionally.
- Wash and dice the potatoes and add to the pan. Stir well, cover and sauté for 10 minutes. Stir regularly to make sure the mixture does not burn.
- Roughly chop the watercress and add to the pan along with the stock and a little grated nutmeg.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Liquidise the soup in a blender, season to taste, add the crème fraiche and serve.
|Fruit & Veg||2.7|
You can calorie count your own recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Try it free for 24 hours.