Tuna with Roasted Asparagus Salad
For a quick and easy, low calorie dinner give this tuna & asparagus salad a try. With more than 3 of your 5 a day, it's sure to pack a punch!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 19 mins
- Calories: 263
- 450g asparagus
- 225g button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 560g tuna steak
- 5g fresh basil
- 1 lime
Preheat oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F
- Clean the asparagus, trim any white ends and peel with a vegetable peeler if necessary. Shred the basil.
- Place the asparagus in a large roasting tin along with the garlic and pepper and drizzle over 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 5 minutes then add the tomatoes. Roast for a further 10 minutes or until the asparagus is just tender.
- Meanwhile, brush the tuna with the remaining oil and season with black pepper.
- Heat a non-stick griddle or frying pan on the hob. Once the pan is really hot, add the tuna and cook for 1-2 minutes either side or until cooked to your liking.
- Toss the roasted vegetables with the basil and spoon onto warm plates.
- Top with the tuna steaks and serve garnished with lime wedges.
|Fruit & Veg||3.2|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.