Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 3 Lg Egg/99g
Eggs, Whites Only, Raw, Average
Sweetener, Canderel, Spoonful
- 40 g
- 2 Tsp/8g
Vanilla Extract, Average
- 45 ml
Milk, Semi Skimmed, Pasteurised, British
- 75 g
- 1 Tsp/2g
Baking Powder, Average
Chocolate, Baking, Plain, for Fine Cakes & Desserts, Belgian
- 50 g
Chocolate, White, Creamy
- 300 g
Cheese, Cream, Low Fat
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Line a 15cm (6in) square baking tin with parchment paper. Place the egg whites in a large bowl and whisk until they form soft peaks.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the granular Canderel.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and milk. Beat well until the mixture is smooth then fold in the whisked egg whites until evenly incorporated.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together over the mixture then fold in lightly, together with the chocolate pieces.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the tin. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Optional - Vanilla cream
- Beat together the cream cheese (250g) with the vanilla essence (2tsp) and the granular Canderel (2tbsp). Spoon into a pot and serve with the brownies.
(Serving with the cream takes the recipe up to 149.4kcal per serving!)