Tomatoes Stuffed with Quinoa
By the wlr team
So long stuffed peppers, now we're stuffing tomatoes! This low calorie recipe makes a great dinner, or lunch.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 269
- 4 tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps fresh parsley
- 2 tbsps capers in vinegar
- 2 tbsps chopped almonds
- 30g raisins
- 400g cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsps Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas Mark 4)
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Chop the spring onions.
- Slice the tops off of the tomatoes. Remove pulp and seeds and discard. Salt tomatoes lightly if desired and turn upside down to drain. Set aside.
- Saute spring onions and garlic in olive oil, then stir in parsley, capers, almonds and currants or raisins.
- Add quinoa and combine thoroughly.
- Stuff mixture into tomato shells and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
Serve with a fresh green salad.
|Fruit & Veg||2.8|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.