Tomato and Leek Risotto
This risotto is simple to make and contains almost 3 of your 5 a day. Our recipe serves four - perfect for a family, or to be packed up for the weeks lunches.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 349
- 300g leeks
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g risotto rice
- 600ml chicken stock
- 60ml white wine
- 250g onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25g reduced fat butter
- 10g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions for 10 minutes until softened. Add the rice and fry for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine and boild for a couple of minutes, then add the stock a ladle at a time, cooking until most of the liquid has been absorbed before adding the next. The idea is to get a creamy consistency. it should take around 20 minutes. Once tender remove from the heat.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and gently fry the chopped leeks for around 10 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and flavour with freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat through and stir into the rice with the butter and Parmesan until well blended and creamy.
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
You'll find 100s more low calorie recipes inside WLR, along with our massive food database and diary. Try it free for 24 hours.