Spicy Corn on the Cob
If you want to cook a quick recipe for sweetcorn when counting calories, then look no further than this great seasonal recipe for corn on the cob. Minus the fish sauce to make the perfect vegetarian or vegan snack!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Calories: 72
- 2 x corn on the cob
- 1 tbsp ginger root
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ red chilli
- 15ml water
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Remove the husks and silk from the corn cobs. Grate the ginger, peel and crush the garlic. De-seed and chop the chilli.
- Line a steaming basket with greaseproof paper (baking parchment) and place over a pan of boiling water.
- In a bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, chilli and water.
- Roll each cob in the spice mixture and place in the steaming basket, cover and steam for 10-20 minutes, or until the corn is tender.
- Drain the cobs and sprinkle with the fish sauce if desired.
|Fruit & Veg||1.6|
You can use the tools in WLR to find delicious recipes, or create your own low calorie versions. Simply input your ingredients to find out how many calories per serving . . . Try the Tools Free