Sweetcorn soup is a great recipe to try if you can get hold of fresh seasonal cobs. A lovely soup to batch cook for piping hot lunches all week!
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 15 mins
- Calories: 213
- 10 whole corn on the cob
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 med onion
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 med potato
- 950ml chicken stock
- Using a large hole grater over a bowl, grate off the corn kernels. Scrape off any bits from the grater into the bowl.
- Peel and chop onions and the potato
- In a large pot heat oil over a medium heat. Add onions and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens.
- Add potato and stock to pot. Bring to a boil. Cook until onions and potatoes are very soft then add the grated corn. Cook until heated through.
- Reserve a couple of ladels of the mixture (to give the finished soup some body) and puree the remaining soup with a blender. Return to the pan with the reserved soup then reheat and serve. If you prefer a smooth soup then liquidise it all.
|Fruit & Veg||3.4|
You can use the tools in WLR to find delicious recipes, or create your own low calorie versions. Simply input your ingredients to find out how many calories per serving . . . Try the Tools Free