Sweetcorn and Onion Fritters
By the wlr team
When cooking corn on the cob, what better way to enjoy the sweet, tender corn kernels than with these great Sweetcorn fritters.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 354
- 2 x corn on the cob
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion
- 3 tsps white sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp mixed herbs
- 250g plain flour
- 16 sprays Fry Light oil
- With a sharp knife remove kernels from the corn: trim one end to produce a flat surface, stand the corn vertically on the flat end and cut down the length of the cob at the base of the kernels.
- Turn the cob and repeat until all kernels have been stripped, cutting a few rows at a time.
- Separate the eggs.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with a whisk or mixer until the whites form stiff peaks when lifted with the whisk.
- Combine the egg yolks, onion, sugar, salt, pepper, corn, herbs and flour in a large bowl and mix.
- Gently fold in the egg whites to the corn mixture, so that no air is lost from the whites, until just combined.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with a couple of squirts of spray oil; place large tablespoon-sized heaps of batter into the pan and fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove to a plate and continue with the remaining batter.
|Fruit & Veg||1.4|
You can use the tools in WLR to find delicious recipes, or create your own low calorie versions. Simply input your ingredients to find out how many calories per serving . . . Try the Tools Free