Low Calorie Scallops with Strawberries
By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
This dish is packed full of flavour, with ingredients you don't see put together every day! Perfect for if you want something a little special for dinner.
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 280
- 600g scallops
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsps ginger root
- 10g cornstarch
- 1 large egg
- 500g strawberries
- 3/5 tbsp groundnut oil
- 250g mange tout
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
Want to try different ingredients?
You can add this recipe to My Recipes in WLR and swap ingredients to make it perfect for you . . .
- Wash and pat scallops dry with kitchen towel halving them if too large.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine salt, pepper, sugar, white wine vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, cornstarch, and egg white and beat until foamy, then add scallops and stir gently to coat well. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Wipe and hull the strawberries and cut into quarters.
- In a wok or large heavy based pan, heat the oil and add the scallop mixture. Stir fry over medium high heat for 3-5 minutes, or until just opaque then add mange tout and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add strawberries and lemon juice and stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes to heat through.
Serve immediately over plain boiled brown rice.
|Fruit & Veg||2.6|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.