Mussels in Garlic Butter
Indulge in this rich, tasty mussels dish. It's quick and easy, a perfect addition to a dinner party menu!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 614
- 1000g mussels
- 115g butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 100g shallots
- 1 bay leaf
- 200ml white wine
- 3 tbsps parsley
- Prepare the mussels: Pull away the fibrous strands (beard) around the shell and scrub with a stiff brush under cold running water.
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Heat 50g/2oz of the unsalted butter in a large saucepan. When hot and foaming add the garlic, shallots, wine and bay leaf. Cook over a medium heat until the shallots are soft and translucent.
- Bring the shallots and wine mixture to the boil. Add the mussels, cover the saucepan, gently shake the pan and cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, until the mussels open. Discard any mussels that remain closed after cooking.
- Strain the mussels over a large saucepan using a colander and set aside. Place the mussels into a large bowl. Retain the mussel liquor in the pan and return to the heat.
- Add the parsley and remaining butter and bring to the boil.
- Pour the mixture over the mussels and serve immediately with plenty of fresh crusty bread.
|Fruit & Veg||0.7|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.