Sprouts with Lemon Sauce
A great addition to any roast dinner, these are not your normal Brussels sprouts!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 108
- 450g Brussels sprouts
- 30g plain flour
- 200ml chicken stock
- 25g low fat butter
- ½ juice lemon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Parmesan
- Trim the sprouts and cut into quarters. Place in a pan of lightly salted boiling water to cover and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and return to the pan.
- Melt the butter in a separate pan, mix in the flour and cook over a low heat for 1 minute stirring continuously.
- Turn up the heat slightly and gradually add the chicken stock stirring continuously for around 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and season with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the sprouts and toss to mix.
- Grate a little Parmesan cheese over the top and serve immediately.
|Fruit & Veg||1.5|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.