Spinach & Squash Curry
Enjoy this super low calorie, vegan/vegetarian curry without worrying about your calories! At less than 140 calories per portion, you can afford to have a slightly larger portion!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 138
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 30g madras curry paste
- 500g butternut squash
- 5 tomatoes
- 1500ml water
- 80g spinach
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Peel & Chop the onion. Chop the squash into chunks.
- Cook the onion in 1 tbsp oil for 5 minutes until softened
- Add the curry paste and cook for 3 minutes. Add the squash, tomatoes and 200ml water, stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the squash is just cooked and the tomatoes have broken down.
- Stir through the spinach and leave for a couple of minutes to wilt.
Season and serve with basmati rice.
|Fruit & Veg||4.3|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.