Spinach & Mushroom Risotto
This rich, filling risotto is a great recipe to make and save for lunch - enjoy tasty meals all through the week!
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 50 mins
- Calories: 669
- 30ml olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1 onion
- 140g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 140g rice
- 150ml white wine
- 25g sun dried tomatoes
- 5 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 tbsps fresh parsley
- 25g Parmesan cheese
- 100g spinach
- Heat the oil and butter in a large deep frying pan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice to coat with the onion and mushroom mixture.
- Pour in the wine and cook over a moderate heat for about 3 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the wine is absorbed.
- Reduce to a gentle heat. Add the tomatoes and 125ml/ 4fl oz of the stock and cook for about 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Pour in a further 125ml/4fl oz stock and continue cooking until absorbed. Repeat with the remaining stock, until it is all absorbed and the rice is creamy and tender.
- Stir in the parsley and half the parmesan. Season to taste. Scatter the spinach over the risotto.
- Cover and cook gently for 4-5 minutes until the spinach has just wilted. Serve immediately sprinkled with the remaining parmesan.
|Fruit & Veg||3.0|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.