By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
- 250g Spinach, Raw, Average
- 400 g Potatoes, White, Raw, Weighed with Skin, Flesh Only, Average
- 1½ Serving/15g Oil, Olive, Light, GFY, Asda*
- 1 Sm Pepper/13g Peppers, Chilli, Red, Raw, Unprepared, Average
- 400 g Tomatoes, Chopped, Canned, Average
- ½ Cube/3½g Stock Cubes, Vegetable, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Cumin, Seeds, Ground, Schwartz*
- 1 Tsp/5g Coriander, Seeds, Ground, Schwartz*
- Wash the chilli, de-seed and slice it finely. Scrub the potatoes and chop them into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and then add the chilli and the spices. Cooking for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes and 1/2 stock cube and mix well. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are almost cooked.
- Wash and roughly chop the spinach. Add to the pan and stir. Simmer for 5 minutes until wilted and serve.
You can calorie count your own recipes with the Weight Loss Resources tools and databases. Try it free for 24 hours.