Spicy Squash Salad
By WLR's Site Manager, Laurence Beeken
- 800g Butternut Squash
- 5 Sprays Sunflower Oil Spray
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 8 Spring Onions
- ½ Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Mild Curry Powder
- 45ml Light Salad Dressing
- 1 Tsp Coriander Seeds
- Peel, de-seed and cut the butternut squash into
chunks. Trim and halve the spring onions.
- Lightly crush the fennel, coriander and cumin seeds.
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7.
- Place the squash, onions and garlic into a large
roasting tin and spray with oil.
- Sprinkle over seeds and roast for 30 minutes until
charred and tender.
- Pop the garlic cloves from the skins, mash and stir
into the dressing with the curry powder.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to
Can be served warm or cold.