Sauteed Chard with Garlic
By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
Prep time 5 mins | serves 4 | 137 calories per serving
- 1000g Chard, Average
- 3 Cloves/9g Garlic, Raw, Average
- 2 Onions/100g Onions, Red, Raw, Average
- 1 Med/185g Oranges, Fresh, Weighed with Peel, Average
- 2 Tbsps/30ml Oil, Sunflower, Average
- ¼ Tsp/1.3g Salt, Table, Average
- ¼ Tsp/0.5g Pepper, Black, Freshly Ground, Average
- Remove the leaves from the stalks and shred all parts finely, keeping them separate.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onions and the chard stalks and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic, chard leaves and orange zest and mix together. Season well and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the leaves have wilted.
- Stir in the orange juice and serve at once.