Sauteed Chard with Garlic
By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
A great side dish that's not only low calorie and quick to make but also contains almost all of your 5 a day!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 7 mins
- Calories: 136
- 1000g chard
- 3 garlic cloves
- 100g red onion
- 1 orange
- 2 tbsps sunflower oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Remove the leaves from the stalks and shred all parts finely, keeping them separate.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onions and the chard stalks and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the garlic, chard leaves and orange zest and mix together.
- Season well and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until the leaves have wilted.
- Stir in the orange juice and serve at once.
|Fruit & Veg||4.1|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.