Roast Goose Portions
By the wlr team
Low in carbs, but high in protein this recipe can be used along side a roast dinner, or just veggies and mash.
- Recipe makes: 2 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 349
- 10g fresh sage
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 370g goose meat
Preheat oven to 220°C / Gas Mark 7 / 425°F
- Finely chop the sage (or dried sage can be used) and mix with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Rub the mixture into the goose skin.
- Pierce the skin if your goose portions have any as this will help to drain the fat as it cooks, then place the meat, skin side up, on a wire rack inside a roasting tin. If goose meat is skinless you do not need to place on wire rack.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Allow the meat to rest for a couple of minutes before removing any skin and serving, this will ensure it stays succulent.
|Fruit & Veg||0.1|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.