Quinoa with Chard
By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
Something a little different to make a wonderful lunch, or light dinner - this low calorie quinoa dish is tasty, and quick to make!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 358
- 150g quinoa
- 150g broccoli
- 6 baby carrots
- 150g broad beans
- 150g chard
- 50g pine nuts
- 2 tbsps sunflower oil
- 3 tsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions.
- Wash the broccoli, drain well and break into small florets. Scrub the carrots and chop into bite-sized pieces. Wash & drain the chard.
- Boil the carrots for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and broad beans and cook for a further 3 minutes. Drain.
- Return to the pan with 2 tbsp water. Add the chard leaves and cover the pan. Cook gently for 2 minutes until the leaves wilt.
- Mix together the sunflower oil, balsamic vinegar and mixed herbs (use fresh if you can and increase the qty to 1 tbsp).
- Heat a heavy based frying pan until hot and toast the pine nuts. Turn regularly for a couple of minutes until lightly browned. Don't let them burn.
- Mix together the vegetables, the dressing and the quinoa & sprinkle the pine nuts on top of each serving.
|Fruit & Veg||1.7|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.