Quinoa with Chard
By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
Prep time 30 mins | serves 4 | 343 calories per serving
- 150g Quinoa, Dry Weight, Average
- 150g Broccoli, Green, Raw, Average
- 6 Meds/60g Carrots, Baby, Fresh, Average
- 150g Beans, Broad, Weighed without Pod, Raw, Average
- 150g Chard, Leaves only, Average
- 50g Pine Nuts, Average
- 2 Tbsps/30ml Oil, Sunflower, Average
- 3 Tsps/15ml Vinegar, Balsamic, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Mixed Herbs, Average
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions.
- Wash the broccoli, drain well and break into small florets. Scrub the carrots and chop into bite-sized pieces. Wash & drain the chard.
- Boil the carrots for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and broad beans and cook for a further 3 minutes. Drain.
- Return to the pan with 2 tbsp water. Add the chard leaves and cover the pan. Cook gently for 2 minutes until the leaves wilt.
- Mix together the sunflower oil, balsamic vinegar and mixed herbs (use fresh if you can and increase the qty to 1 tbsp).
- Heat a heavy based frying pan until hot and toast the pine nuts. Turn regularly for a couple of minutes until lightly browned. Don't let them burn.
- Mix together the vegetables, the dressing and the quinoa. Sprinkle the pine nuts on top of each serving.