Purple Sprouting Broccoli with Garlic & Sesame
Great as a side dish for a variety of meals, this seasonal winter recipe is quick, easy, and low calorie!
- Recipe makes: 6 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Calories: 130
- 450g purple sprouting broccoli
- ½ tsp salt
- 30ml groundnut oil
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 tsps sesame seeds
- Peel and slice the garlic. Trim off any hard ends from the broccoli stalks as well as any very coarse leaves
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and plunge in the broccoli.
- With the lid on, bring the water back to the boil, then remove the lid and simmer for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, heat both oils in the pan over a medium heat. Fry the garlic for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the slices are light golden. Throw in the broccoli and fry it for 2-3 minutes, tossing frequently, until the stalks are hot and soaked with the oil.
- Serve immediately with the sesame seeds sprinkled over the top.
|Fruit & Veg||1.0|
You'll find 100s more low calorie recipes inside WLR, along with our massive food database and diary. Try it free for 24 hours.