By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
- 250g Pumpkin, Raw, Edible Portion, Average
- 113g Spread, Low Fat, Average
- 200g Sugar, Caster, Average
- 1 Egg/50g Eggs, Free Range, Medium, Average, Weight with Shell
- 1 Tbsp/13g Vanilla Extract, Average
- 8 Tbsps/80g Breakfast Cereal, Oats, Average
- 1 Tsp/2g Baking Powder, Average
- 1 Tsp/3g Cinnamon, Ground, Average
- 1 Tsp/5g Salt, Table, Average
- 150g Sultanas, Average
- 300g Flour, Plain, Average
- Peel, de-seed and chop the pumpkin.
- Boil the pumpkin until soft, drain well, then puree. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas Mark 4).
- Cream the butter with both sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla & pumpkin puree.
- In a seperate bowl mix oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, sultanas, and flour.
- Add the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Drop teaspoon sized dollops of the cookie mixture onto a baking tray (makes 40 large cookies) leave plenty of space as they expand.
- Bake in oven 12-15 mins