New Potato & Artichoke Salad
Artichokes are full of fibre, so if you want to get your fibre levels up, this is the recipe for you! Not only that, it's low calorie and delicious!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Calories: 215
- 1 x jar of artichokes
- 15g fresh mint
- 1½ tbsps white wine vinegar
- 10g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 500g new potatoes,
- 150g fine green beans
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- Make the dressing - Drain the oil from artichokes into a measuring jug. Take the mint leaves off of the stalks and add to a liquidiser.
- Add the oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning. Liquidise until smooth.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes, bring back to the boil, then simmer gently for 12-15 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain. Turn on the grill to a medium heat.
- Warm the artichoke hearts under the grill. Halve tomatoes. Mix all these vegetables together. Pour over the dressing. Mix well. Leave to cool before serving.
|Fruit & Veg||1.5|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.