Pork and Apple Casserole
The ultimate comfort food, with a low fat, low calorie twist!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 2 hrs
- Calories: 362
- 150g shallots
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- 250g carrots
- 150g mushrooms
- 600g lean pork
- 60g plain flour
- 40g gravy granules
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Wash, peel and chop carrots, shallots, apples and mushrooms
- Place the flour in a bowl and cover the pork in flour before placing in a large casserole dish with a lid (do not dispose of flour).
- Add the carrots, shallots, apples and mushroom, to the casserole dish.
- Prepare the stock as instructed and add to casserole dish.
- Add the remaining flour to the gravy granules and prepare as instructed before adding to casserole dish, plus the mixed herbs.
- Mix thoroughly and place in the preheated oven for two hours, stirring a couple of times during the cooking period.
|Fruit & Veg||3.7|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.