Tomato & Plum Soup
By the wlr team
A seasonal twist on a classic tomato soup, this low calorie soup contains almost 4 of your 5 a day in one serving!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 158
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 450g plums
- 450g tomaotes
- 300ml tomato juice
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Stone the plums.
- In a large pan heat the oil and soften the chopped onion, without browning.
- Then add 450g stoned red plums, 450g chopped tomatoes, 300ml tomato juice, 575ml (1 pint) chicken stock and a fresh thyme sprig. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 mins or until the plums are soft.
- Cool slightly and then remove the thyme sprig and liquidise the soup until smooth.
- Check the seasoning and then gently reheat or chill, as you prefer.
|Fruit & Veg||3.9|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.