By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
- 12 Plums
- 1 Tsp Low Calorie Granulated
Sweetener, Silver Spoon*
- 75ml Water
- 2 Large Eggs (whites only)
- ¼ Tsp Cream of Tartar
- 2 Digestive Biscuits, McVities*
- 6 Tbsp Caster Sugar
- Place the plums and water into a saucepan over a low
heat and simmer gently until nearly cooked but so the
plums still retain their shape.
- Sweeten with the artificial sweetener to taste.
Using as much or as little as you prefer and then
transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Whisk the egg whites and a little cream of tartar
until peaking. Gradually add the sugar a little at a
time and whisk well until the mixture forms soft peaks.
- Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs and fold into
- Pile the mix on top of the plums. Bake at gas mark
6/200oC for around 15-20 minutes and serve.