Plums are at their best between May and October, the perfect seasonal addition to a hearty sandwich or as a side with a salad.
- Recipe makes: 20 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Calories: 38
- 500g plums
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100ml white wine vinegar
- 45ml water
- 1 x stick cinnamon
- 100g demerara sugar
Preheat the oven to 120°C (250°F, Gas Mark ½)
- Stone the plums and roughly chop the flesh. Peel and chop the shallots
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based, (stainless steel, ceramic or glass) saucepan then add the shallots. Sauté gently for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the chopped plums, vinegar, water, cinnamon and sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, then simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and slightly thickened.
- Place a clean medium-sized jam jar into the preheated oven to warm. When the plum chutney is ready, spoon it into the warm jar. Seal with a lid and leave to cool completely.
|Fruit & Veg||0.4|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.