Plaice in Spicy Tomato Sauce
Rich in flavour, this low calorie plaice dish provides you with over 2 of your five a day, and a high amount of protein - to help you feel fuller for longer!
- Recipe makes: 4 servings
- Prep time:
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Calories: 270
- 90g cream cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 x 100g plaice fillets
- 1 lime
- 5g fresh dill
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 chilli pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp coriander seeds, ground
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and cook the onion, celery, chilli pepper and spices for about 5 minutes over very low heat.
- Add red and green peppers and the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside while preparing the fish.
- Mix the cream cheese, oregano and cayenne pepper together in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Skin the fillets carefully
- Spread the cheese filling on all 4 fillets and roll each up. Secure with cocktail sticks.
- Place the fillets in a lightly greased baking dish, cover and cook for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Pour over the tomato sauce and cook a further 10 - 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked (it will feel firm and look opaque). Garnish with lime slices and dill.
|Fruit & Veg||2.5|
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.