Spicy Parsnip Salad
By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
- 2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Tsp Coriander Seeds
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1000g Parsnip
- 200g Mixed Salad Leaves
- 20ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200g Coconut Cream, Light
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6
- Trim and peel the parsnips, halve horizontally and
cook in boiling water until soft.
- Place the ground coriander, ground turmeric and the
cumin seeds in a bowl and mix with a little salt and
- Add the oil and coconut cream and stir.
- Drain the parsnips and rinse under cold running
- Place the parsnips into a roasting dish and coat
with the spice mix making sure they are thoroughly
- Roast for around 55 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Place on top of the salad leaves and serve.