Spicy Parsnip Salad
By WLR's Food Information Executive, Laurence Beeken
- 2 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Tsp Coriander Seeds
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1000g Parsnip
- 200g Mixed Salad Leaves
- 20ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200g Coconut Cream, Light
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6
- Trim and peel the parsnips, halve horizontally and cook in boiling water until soft.
- Place the ground coriander, ground turmeric and the cumin seeds in a bowl and mix with a little salt and black pepper.
- Add the oil and coconut cream and stir.
- Drain the parsnips and rinse under cold running water.
- Place the parsnips into a roasting dish and coat with the spice mix making sure they are thoroughly coated.
- Roast for around 55 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Place on top of the salad leaves and serve.
WLR has an extensive range of low-fat and low calorie recipes to help you follow a healthy, balanced diet. Try it free for 24 hours.